HOUSTON – (April 11, 2022) – LIDROTEC, a college student startup from RWTH Aachen University in Germany that aims to enhance production in the semiconductor industry, took house the grand prize at the 2022 Rice Organization Approach Competition (RBPC).
Amid semiconductor shortages all over the world, LIDROTEC states its engineering can get rid of content squander in the reducing procedure in the course of production, the two conserving funds and raising productiveness.
The RBPC, hosted yearly by the Rice Alliance for Technological know-how and Entrepreneurship and Rice University’s Jones Graduate University of Business enterprise, is the world’s most significant and richest college student startup opposition. This year’s edition saw 42 startups competing for more than $2 million in prizes.
The winners had been declared at the conclusion of the three-day pitching, mentoring and networking party which integrated an Elevator Pitch Competitiveness, Follow Spherical, Semi-Finals, Wildcard and Closing Round. Powerful improvements offered by this year’s groups led sponsor businesses to include a quantity of funds prizes at the past minute.
The 42 startups represented 34 universities from four international locations, with 11 universities represented by two various groups. They were selected from a lot more than 400 applicants to compete in one of 5 categories: electricity, clear tech and sustainability existence sciences and health and fitness care remedies buyer merchandise and services difficult tech and digital enterprise.
The RBPC’s far more than 250 judges act as — and most are — early-stage investors assessing the startups’ potential. Groups pitch their businesses to investors, business people, corporate executives and ecosystem partners during the event, then community and obtain actual-time feed-back, guidance and mentorship.
Substantial prizes this calendar year and the groups that received them include:
* $350,000 GOOSE Funds Investment Grand Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen.
* $155,000 The OWL Expense Prize — Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh.
* $65,000 The OWL Financial commitment Prize — Mallard Bay Outdoor, Louisiana State University.
* $50,000 The OWL Financial investment Prize — TransCrypts, College of Toronto and Harvard College.
* $250,000 TMC Innovation Health care Expenditure Prize — LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins College.
* $125,000 Softeq Undertaking Studio Prizes (two prizes) — Mallard Bay Outside, Louisiana Condition College LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen University.
* $100,000 Jon Finger and Finger Interests, David Anderson and the Anderson Loved ones Fund, Greg Novak and Tracy Druce 2nd-Position Financial investment Prize — Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh.
* $50,000 Jon Finger and Finger Pursuits, David Anderson and the Anderson Spouse and children Fund, Greg Novak and Tracy Druce Third-Area Expenditure Prize — Invitris, Technical College of Munich.
* $100,000 Houston Angel Community Financial investment Prize — Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh.
* $100,000 TiE Houston Angel Team Expenditure Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College.
* $50,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Financial commitment Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen College.
* $25,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Expense Prize — Mallard Bay Outdoor, Louisiana Condition University.
* $10,000 RBPC Alumnus, Thomas Healy, Financial commitment Prize — Daring Shift Beverages, University of Texas at Austin.
* $40,000 nCourage Investment Group’s Courageous Gals Business owners Investment Prize — Invitris, Technological College of Munich.
* $10,000 nCourage Financial investment Group’s Brave Women of all ages Entrepreneurs Financial commitment Prize — Pareto, Stanford University.
* $25,000 Southwest National Pediatric Device Prizes (two prizes) — Highly developed Optronics, Carnegie Mellon University EpiSLS, College of Michigan.
* $25,000 Urban Money Community Financial commitment Prize — Woobie, Brigham Younger College.
* $25,000 IN2 Strength, Cleantech and Sustainability Prize — EpiFresh, Rice College.
* $25,000 Pearland Financial Development Company Spirit of Entrepreneurship Prize — Hoth Intelligence, University of Pittsburgh.
* $25,000 New Climate Ventures Investment Prize — Mantel, Massachusetts Institute of Technologies.
* $20,000 OFW Regulation Food and drug administration Regulatory System In-Kind Prize — Highly developed Optronics, Carnegie Mellon University.
* $5,000 Eagle Investors Prize — LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen University.
* $3,000 Nixon Institute Prize — LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins College.
* $3,000 DK Innovation Vitality Prize — Mantel, Massachusetts Institute of Engineering.
* $1,000 Mercury Elevator Pitch Competitiveness Prize — EpiFresh, Rice College
The seven finalists dependent on the judges’ over-all scores ended up:
LIDROTEC, RWTH Aachen University — grand prize and individual prizes worthy of a complete of $682,200.
Hoth Intelligence, College of Pittsburgh — second position and a whole of $386,700 in prizes.
Hoth Intelligence’s program works by using augmented fact to let wellness care companies see “through” and “into” sufferers to information processes and lower mistake.
Invitris, Technological University of Munich — 3rd spot and a overall of $97,200 in prizes.
Invitris leverages artificial biology to create novel therapeutics to take care of antibiotic-resistant bacterial bacterial infections.
LymphaSense, Johns Hopkins College — fourth put and $258,000 in prizes, like the $5,000 Norton Rose Fulbright Fourth-Put Cash Prize.
LymphaSense’s wearable screening system is revolutionizing the way breast most cancers clients are monitored for indications of lymphedema subsequent treatment.
INIA Biosciences, Boston College — fifth position and the $5,000 EY Fifth-Spot Hard cash Prize.
INIA Biosciences is acquiring a noninvasive, property-administered bioelectronic gadget to supply treatment next a kidney transplant.
Bold Move Drinks, University of Texas at Austin — sixth position and $15,000 in prizes, which include the $5,000 Chevron Know-how Ventures Sixth-Position Funds Prize.
Daring Move Drinks is an early-phase alcoholic beverages manufacturer that combines espresso and whiskey to make Chilly Brooze in two flavors.
Anise Health and fitness, Harvard College — seventh spot and $7,000 in prizes, including the $5,000 Shell Ventures Seventh-Location Cash Prize and Edward H. Molter Memorial Wildcard Prize from Egan Nelson.
Anise Wellness is a electronic system presenting culturally adapted mental wellness treatment to racial and ethnic minorities, beginning with Asian Us citizens.
All rivals also acquired:
- Entrepreneur Futures Network (EFN) mentoring: EFN mentors presented pre-levels of competition mentoring and suggestions to just about every of the teams on subjects these types of as refining a business enterprise system, refining money types and improving presentation expertise.
- Amazon World wide web Products and services: Support credits for each of the 42 startup groups for two many years.
- Palo Alto Program: Obtain to Reside System presentation and assessment application
- Allianse: 3-month trial to buyers and funds system
For additional information and facts about the 2022 Rice Business Approach Levels of competition, stop by rbpc.rice.edu.