Why wait? This article will show you some of the best features of your MacBook. This article will provide more information on macOS that you have been using for years. These will include new features and tips, as well as some tricks to make your MacBook even more enjoyable.
Spotlight, whether you’re aware of it or not is another overlooked feature in macOS. This is a useful feature that allows you to navigate the device without using a mouse. The keyboard shortcut “Cmd + Spacebar” opens Spotlight. Spotlight can be used to search the system in emails or documents. It can be used to convert currencies and calculate currency, which is surprising.
Spotlight can be used as a currency convertor. To do this, first open Spotlight. Next, enable the currency symbol. Type the amount you wish to convert. This will display multiple conversion rates in the search results.
When you boot, launch programs automatically
Some functions and programs start automatically when a laptop boots. If you find yourself opening the same programs and applications on your Mac each day, there’s a way to save time by making them all run automatically.
Your everyday programs will be automatically launched by macOS’s automated startup routine whenever you open your MacBook. This is how to set up your automated routine.
- Follow the instructions to access your device’s “System Preferences” followed by “Users & Groups.”
- Select your username from the list and then sign in using the “Login Items” tab.
- Hit the “+” button on the bottom of your screen. This will open a pop-up window.
- Navigate to the “Applications Section” and locate the programs you are looking for.
- Double-click the program or app you wish to launch when your device boots automatically.
This function is applicable to all apps, programs and videos with the exception of the Finder app.
Password reset and bypass
It can be frustrating to lose your password security key on your laptop or mobile phone. With a MacBook, it’s not necessary to worry about this. MacOS is an excellent system that protects all your login credentials. However, there’s a handy feature that allows you to bypass the password lock if you forget it.
Apple offers two methods to allow users to bypass the device security lock. These two methods are part of the system.
Use the Apple ID to log back in to your MacBook.
- If you have entered the wrong password more than once, your MacBook will prompt you to reset it. If you don’t remember your password, you can click the “Question mark” icon next to the relevant field.
- Next, follow the instructions to enter your Apple ID email address and password. You will be prompted to create a new keychain in order to store your passwords, as the password you entered is incorrect.
- Click the “OK” button at that prompt.
- Follow the instructions on screen to create your new Mac account password.
Recover Mode allows you to log back into your MacBook.
- Turn off your MacBook first.
- Hold the “Cmd+ R” keys, then hit the “Power” button.
- Keep pressing the shortcut keys until you see the Apple logo on the screen. This indicates that your Mac has entered Recovery Mode.
- Go to the Menu bar and then click on “Utilities”>” “Terminal”.
- In the pop-up window enter “resetpassword” sans spaces and hit the “Return” key.
- Now, close the Terminal window.
- Now you can find the “Reset Password Tool”. This will show you all user accounts on your MacBook. You will need to reset the password for each account on your macOS if you want to reset the password for one account.
Use the Emoji Tray.
laptop and other computers don’t usually have any functions related to emojis, except for the keyboard options. The MacBook comes with an emoji picker built in. There is no need to search the internet for the right emoji every time you need it. Also discuss with a macbook repair near me dubai expert. This case was handled well by macOS.
You can open the Emoji tray from any text you’re typing and instantly input the characters into your text. The emoji picker can be accessed from the menu bar on your MacBook or by pressing the shortcut keys “Cmd + Control+ Space”.
The emoji picker can be pin to the Menu bar. To do this,
- Open “System Preferences”> on your Mac and choose “Keyboard.”
- In the Keyboard window’s section “Input Sources”, enable the function “Show input menu on the menu bar”.
- Next, click the New Input icon in the menu bar. Select the “Show Emojis & Symbols” option to display the emojis.
You can disable or turn off the notifications feature.
Because mac devices are all connected, you will receive constant notifications from multiple sources. macOS offers a way to disable notifications.
Navigate to the “Notification Center” and locate the “Do Not disturb” toggle function. This feature will disable your notifications for one day. If you wish to prevent them from appearing for a specific period of time, you can schedule a duration.
You can easily merge folders.
It’s easy to merge identical folders that have similar names on the MacBook. A prompt will pop up when you drag one folder to the other. It will display a Replace Dialog message. Click on the “Merge” button at the prompt to merge the contents of both folders. This will create a destination directory that contains the contents of both folders.
Automated words completion
Google keyboard is the best option for automatic word suggestions and completion. MacOS offers a different approach. Let’s say you have difficulty spelling the word correctly and struggle to type it. MacOS makes it easy to correct the spelling, since you don’t have much time.
This hidden feature can only be used when you use TextEdit or iChat. The “Option + Escape”, or “F5” keys can be used to pull up an auto-complete list for the word. When you press the “Option + Escape” shortcut keys or the “F5” key, all possible spelling options will be displayed on your screen. This function is important for official work.
You can quickly close multiple apps.
Even when they are not running, apps that run in the background can eat up a lot RAM and draw power from your system. MacOS offers a quick solution.
To close the running app, press the shortcut keys “Cmd + Tab” through all open apps. When you are done, press “Q” to close the app.
To hide running apps, press the shortcut keys “Cmd + Tab” through all open running applications. When you are done, press “H” to hide the app.
MacOS has consistently introduced new features and upgraded its operating system and functions with great success. Many users struggle to use the many hidden features that macOS offers. Leave a comment below if you know more about these hidden features or shortcuts for MacBook.